Thursday, July 19, 2012

Excursions around the Bay of Kotor!

 Ciao!!  Greetings from Balkan land!

All is well here, more of the same, relaxing & swimming & keeping it pretty healthy.  I'm sure in the future I will look back on this time & think...  remember when I had all that time by the sea to chill out & do nothing?  That will be nice.  Attendance at yoga class has been low, super unfortunately yoga at 6am doesn't really seem to be the thing that people are looking for here.  Understandable though, when does a beach vacay usually include getting up before 6?  Also, the scene here is more oriented toward maxxin' & relaxin' than getting some early morning yoga on.  So, we will keep trying to bring in some new students AND, have a new idea to host some international party nights @ a cool local bar.  The nightlife scene caters to the young & the music tends to be club hits/crap.  We (my hosts/flatmates) & I have a plan to promote some fun party nights, maybe weekly, with actual GOOD music to travelers & "cool looking" people.  In my opinion a lot of people here must struggle to find something cool to do in the evening.

But, I found something cool to do last evening, going to see The Hunger Games @ the outdoor movie. I really enjoyed it & found myself to be on the edge of my seat!  Sure, the plot was questionable at times but, on the whole it was great & I love a good sci-fi.  It reminded me of a more modern "running man" type of movie, loved that one with Arnie.  I admit, I am not a huge critic & enjoy most movies as long as they hold my attention.

I had a lovely American, she'd been doing a Fullbright in Turkey, couchsurfing last week we took a trip to this cute old Venetian town of Perast.  Only about 300 people live in the town & there isn't a whole lot to do there other than mosy around & take some pics.  It is quite famous for these two islands just off shore.  On one there is a church & on the other a monastery.  I was psyched to take some sweet pics but, only managed some mediocre ones due to lighting, time of day, etc.  We enjoyed Perast.  We were able to have a nice lunch, a nice swim & a nice relax.

one island


shoreline with two islands in the background

nice little spot for a chill out

good, colorful laundry


cute, little white boats on the bay

remember earlier in my blog whenever i'd post photos of myself i'd be wearing the same outfit?  well, this is the new  thing i seem to be wearing all the time, so expect to see it more often.  :)


laundry.................

these lilies were GORGEOUS!!!

nice yellow umbrella shade patch

well, this looks like a nice spot to write some p-card & chill out!  we needed a shade break, i was feeling a bit weak.  

a father & daughter out crabbing.  note the heart shaped crab trap :)

the little girl was real cute.  here they are loading the trap with bait.  old bread.


here is a good spot for a little b-ball

this cat has the best spot!  also that table from the cafe across the street is really the best spot!

what the H kind of boat is this?  these two dudes were meticulously cleaning it.  we were thinking it might have belonged to batman :)

looking back on Perast

really liked this one....  Montenegran backs.  

the island, the kayaks

islands in the evening
And then, another day, another excursion!  We took a boat back to Zanjice, the hedonistic place.  Strangely, as the day went on it became overcast & really humid.  Giving the sea/sky a nice effect.  When we got back to Herceg Novi it actually rained for about 30-45 minutes!  A first for me, it felt so refreshing!  It was just a light rain but, nice the same.
looking out at Mammolo island & the beginning of Croatia from my sun lounger  


many swim areas have these floating bobbers, a common thing is for people to hang out on them/use them as a seat.  These young dudes were hamming it up for me.  :)

looks like rain!  seemed Carribean to me.  
 And, what else of importance...?  I got my phone very mildly wet last week & it totally crapped out & died on me.  So, my communications have been limited.  I bought a new phone but it is so cheap & crappy it is like a toy.  It is similar to like, the original cell phone prototype.  A real step down, so I probably won't use it much.  Not like I have too many people to be calling or coordinating with anyway.

I started a new book, The Name of the Rose, by Umberto Eco.  I have always wanted to read something by him, this one seems to be the classic.  So far, it is a challenge!  Which is good, english books are rare & pricey here so I was looking for one that was long, with small print & challenging.  Found.

Oh, there has been something great going on!  A series of classical music concerts at a theater in town!  I have gone 4 times, it is a great bit of culture.  The highlight has been a South Korean opera singer who was absolutely amazing!!  It brought tears to the eyes & gave chills she was so good.  I do enjoy music so much.

And, that's my life for now.  I will try to spice it up for next time.

Baci e abbracci! xo
A


No comments:

Post a Comment